I am inviting you to choose your time to participate in an online session on Chat, Messaging and Forums on Moodle.
You will be learning how to use these collaborative features to engage your students in meaningful online learning activities.
The new series of Moodle 2.9 online sessions will take place next week. Please register at http://bit.ly/1MVT1kR
An Open Invitation to Moodle Day.
We would like to invite you to the 4th annual Moodle Day Conference organised by the DECclic Corporation in collaboration with Dawson College.
- When: May 15th, 2015 (Friday)
- Time: 9:30 am – 15:30 pm
- Place: Dawson College (Metro Atwater), Room – TBD
We would be delighted to have you present at this conference to hear what the Moodlers, technology gurus, teachers, and researchers have to share about their Moodle related advancements and best practices. Please share this invite with your faculty and students interested in Moodle.
Kindly register here by April 15th, 2015. Door prize drawing will be held at 3:00 p.m, where the winner will attend to the annual international MoodleMoot conference in October, taking place in Montréal this year!
The program of the conference with presentations will be available soon.
Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
CanadaMoot October 21 – 23 2015
Pre-conference: October 20, 2015
Hyatt Regency Montreal
1. One of the MoodleMoot’s new sponsors PACKT Publishing: https://www.packtpub.com/ while not attending as an exhibitor is making up for this by giving away free Moodle books, videos and huge discounts at the Moot October 20 – 23 in Montreal. I know which ones I want!
You might be interested in their ‘FREE LEARNING’ campaign over the next two weeks. They have Moodle 2.0 Elearning Course Development available as a FREE download to everyone on 22nd February: https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning
Joan Coy wrote an ‘instant book’ which can be found here: https://www.packtpub.com/hardware-and-creative/instant-moodle-quiz-module-how-instant
2. We are looking for Moodlers to offer training sessions at our Pre-conference October 20. In particular: Social Media and Noodle, Mobile Moodle and Moodle 2.8 (we have tentatively scheduled an all day assessment workshop to delve into assignments, quizzes, gradebook etc) Yes – Martin Dougiamas Lead developer of Moodle will be with us too!
Here is our Call for Presenters: http://moodlemoot.ca/mod/dataform/view.php?id=2854 or write to us: email@example.com
3. We are working with Moodle Headquarters to offer our first Developers Hack Fest – if this is of interest to you, contact CanadaMoot@gmail.com
4. Reminder: Call for Presenters closes April 15, 2015: http://moodlemoot.ca/mod/dataform/view.php?id=2854
5. Early Registration closes April 30, 2015 with discounts for presenters, and groups:http://www.gifttool.com/registrar/ShowEventDetails?ID=1632&EID=19173
This video tutorial will assist you in learning how to create Rubrics in Moodle.